Kemper Insurance is licensed to sell insurance in all 50 US states and the District of Columbia. Although it is best known for offering auto coverage. It also markets other products, such as home and life insurance. Below, you will find a complete review of this insurer, its products, prices, discounts, and ratings. The data and information we share will help you decide if Kemper Insurance is a good fit for you.
Kemper Insurance: Complete Review
Kemper is a mid-tier insurance company. It doesn’t offer the lowest rates and its customer service reviews are below average. However, some of the discounts available are attractive and allow the customer to save on their policies. The company defines itself on its website as one of the leading insurers in the country.
Kemper auto insurance
If you’ve had trouble getting auto insurance due to poor credit or driving records, Kemper may be a good option for you. It is also an excellent alternative for families with young drivers.
This insurer offers a wide range of discounts, from cheaper rates for teen drivers with good grades to discounts for taking safe driving classes. You can also get discounts if you buy home and auto coverage packages.
Car insurance coverages from the Kemper insurer
When buying car insurance, you must know what is compulsory insurance in your state ( the minimum auto insurance ) and what coverage you need or that is best for you. You are probably wondering, is it mandatory to have auto insurance in the USA? Yes, most states require you to have insurance to legally drive a vehicle. However, coverage requirements vary from state to state. Mandatory coverage typically includes liability insurance and uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage.
If you need additional protection, you could take out comprehensive (comprehensive) insurance. Although the total coverage ( full coverage car insurance ) is the most complete. The latter is not a specific policy that can purchase, but a combination of different types of coverage that usually includes: liability insurance ( Liability Insurance), collision, and comprehensive.
Coverage for high-risk drivers
For high-risk drivers, Kemper insurer offers:
- SR-22 insurance. States often require an SR-22 form as proof of insurance after a DUI or other serious violation.
- Insurance for repossessed vehicles. At Kemper, you will usually be able to ensure a car with a salvage title (when it has been declared a total loss and subsequently rebuilt).
- Wide coverage. To ensure a specific driver, rather than the car. This can be an interesting option to save money in case you have more than one vehicle.
Optional Kemper Coverages
- New car replacement. If your new car is seriously damaged in a covered accident, Kemper’s new car replacement coverage will pay to repair or replace it (whichever costs less), even if it’s more than the car’s actual value.
- Gap Insurance. For vehicles no more than 3 years old, gap insurance (GAP insurance) will cover the difference between the actual value of your car and the amount you owe on your loan or lease if the car is declared a total loss.
- Improved coverage. This package of additional coverage options includes accident forgiveness, a deductible waiver if your car is damaged while parked, a decreasing deductible credit if you drive safely, and personal property coverage for your vehicle. The package also covers the replacement of a key or entry transmitter device. And expenses if the trip interrupts a covered accident.
Kemper insurance car insurance price
The average price of car insurance can vary based on several factors, such as where you live, the type of car you drive, your annual mileage, and your driving history, among others. However, it’s helpful to know that the 2021 average annual price for car insurance in California is $2,065 a year for full coverage and $733 for minimum coverage.
Although the average price of Kemper insurance may be slightly higher than the state average rate, customers looking for non-traditional auto coverage options are generally willing to pay a little more. In addition, several discount options allow you to save a little.