Summer time is a very busy time for parents and children alike. While kids love heading out to visit every neighborhood and meet their new friends, parents just want one thing`- peace and time to themselves! But you can’t stop your kids from exploring the idea of summer too much – they need to get some touch time with the world outside their own. With that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of 30 fantastic things around town for kids to do this summer!
Hot Spots for the Best Fun
If you’re looking for exciting and fun things to do with kids in Sacramento during your summer vacation, look no further than these hot destinations!These are all places where kids will have a lot of fun and parents will be able to relax while they’re away.
- The amusement park – The amusement park is always a great place to go when the weather is nice. Not only can kids ride the rides and have a lot of fun, but there are also attractions that are specific to summertime, like water parks and skeeball fields.
- The theme park: – When it comes to theme parks, there’s hardly anything better than experiencing them during the summer months. The heat means that there’s always lots of humidity in the air, making for perfectly slippery amusement rides. Plus, there are usually more activities going on at theme parks in the summer than at any other time of year.
- The Amusement Pier: If you’re looking for something a little more chilled out than an amusement park or theme park, consider checking out an amusement pier. These places offer interesting attractions like miniature golf and bungee jumping, as well as some great food options that won’t make you feel too exhausted when you get back home at night
What Activities Do Kids Like?
If you are looking for some great ideas for summer vacation activities for kids, here are a few suggestions.
Visit a theme park. With all the new additions, there are plenty of great choices to pick from. If you’re visiting one of these parks, be sure to bring sunscreen and hats!
If you’re feeling more outdoorsy, take your kids camping or hiking in some of the state’s varied landscapes. Be sure to pack plenty of snacks and water and keep an eye out for wildlife while you’re out there!
Finally, if your child is a fan of movies or TV shows, check out some of the filming locations that are open during the summer. This can be a fun activity on its own or you can combine it with some other activities to make it even more fun.
Fun Science Experiments
Summertime is a great time to do fun science experiments. Here are 5 fun experiments for kids to do this summer:
- Make a slime! This is a really easy experiment that you can do with any kind of surface – carpet, towel, tabletop. Just mix food coloring or vinegar and water together until you have a slushy consistency. Then add some glue, polyethylene glycol, or starch and start molding the slime into shapes! Kids will love making these slime balls, slime snakes, or even slime dinosaurs!
- Make a rain cloud! This is another easy experiment that you can do with just a few materials. Start by filling a two liter soda bottle half full of water. Then add table salt (a teaspoon per liter of water) and shake well to dissolve the salt. Add additional ice if necessary to make a slushy mixture. Once the mixture is chilled, cap the bottle tightly and shake vigorously for about 10 minutes to create an artificial cloud. Be sure to wear safety goggles during this experiment!
- Make lava! Lava is created when molten rock (magma) rises to the Earth’s surface.
All Day Activities
Summertime is the perfect time to take your kids on some super fun adventures. Here are some great summer vacation ideas for kids to do!
- Rent a pontoon boat and explore local waterways.
- Visit a theme park or go roller skating at an indoor rink.
- Take your family camping in a great location.
- Go swimming in crystal clear lakes and oceans.
- Visit a farm and learn about agriculture.
- Attend a live music performance or watch a nature show at a zoo or park.
Everyone loves a good summer vacation, but for kids water fun can be especially great. There are so many different options for water fun that it can be hard to choose just one! Here are some of the best:
-Go swimming in a hot tub or pool.
-Take a boat out on the lake or river.
-Play in the rain or pool rainbows.
-Drift down a lazy river.
-Ride go karts or bikes around the track.
-Fly a kite or play laser tag.
Dinners and Desserts
Looking for an exciting summer adventure for the whole family? Check out these activities that will be great for kids!
- Have dinner at a delicious meal in a park.
- Make ice cream with your kids in your backyard.
- Cook delicious meals on the grill together.
- Visit a water park and take lots of photos and videos together.