Printers are machines that are dependent on ink for performing their job, and whether you are using a printer at your office or at home, for sure, there will come a day when your Printer runs out of ink or toner, which totally depends on the type of Printer you are using. So when this happens, what we need to do is find an ink or toner cartridge.
If you are using a printer for the first time, this simple question might arise as to how and where to find a printer cartridge and also which brand would be perfect for your Printer. The first thing you need to have knowledge of while going cartridge shopping is what type of Printer you have. Is it inkjet or laser?
Toner or ink? This Is How You Know What You Need
Laser printers need toners that are basically in powder form, while inkjet printers need liquid ink, and following the below-mentioned steps, you can determine which one you are in need of.
- The first thing you should do is navigate to the printer dialogue box on your computer.
- Select “properties” and then click on the “Maintenance” or “Options” tab.
- If there is an option that says “Nozzle Check,” “Print Head Cleaning,” or “Print Head Alignment,” it is an inkjet printer, and you need to buy an ink printer cartridge.
- You can also open up your Printer and look at the cartridges it contains.
- If instead of cartridges with yellow, blue, red, and black circles, you see one single long Cartridge, you have a laser printer.
- Generally, the name and models of the printers are indicated on their labels. This can tell you if the Printer is inkjet or laser.
Steps To Choose Ink Cartridge
Once with the above-mentioned steps, you have determined that your Printer is inkjet and you need an ink cartridge, you then need to determine the right cartridge size for your Printer.
Ink printer cartridges have numbers printed on them, and you will have to remove the Cartridge to find this number.
You can also find the printer cartridge number or cartridge type in your Printer’s manual.
You will have to make a choice between two options. That is, you may purchase replacement cartridges from the printer manufacturer, or you can get it from the company that manufactures ink cartridges that are compatible with your Printer. The cost of Ink cartridges might vary depending on where you are purchasing them from, the printer manufacturer or the ink cartridge manufacturer. If you are planning to get ink cartridges in a large quantity, it is always good to be aware of all the options available in the market, this will to on some of your hard-earned money.
After deciding the type of printer cartridge, you want, there is another choice you will have to make, and that is between a standard cartridge and a higher-yield cartridge. A higher yield ink cartridge is long-lasting in comparison to a standard cartridge.
If your Printer has run out of ink or toner, simply follow the above-mentioned steps to get the best Cartridge for your Printer. Always buy the same amount of ink that you need as it is important never to buy more ink or toner than you will use as if it expires, it will lead to wastage.